Leaks Found Since 1974
Canadian Leak Detection is dedicated to conserving water, our most precious resource.
Prevent West Nile Virus
Is your backyard a breeding ground for the West Nile Virus?
- Green pools are typically neglected pools where the water is not filtering or moving.
- The stagnant water in these swimming pools can be a perfect breeding ground for mosquitoes that carry West Nile Virus.
- A hidden leak may be causing reduced water circulation, or creating a chemical imbalance that promotes algae growth.
- Canadian Leak Detection can detect leaks that may be causing the underlying problem.
Drain or Dump
It can take as little as five days for mosquito larvae to incubate into an adult in stagnant water. They can even breed in an open discarded tin can. Remove all standing water around your property where mosquitoes lay eggs such as birdbaths, old tires, buckets, clogged gutters, or even puddles from leaky sprinklers. Be sure to maintain pools and spas, add mosquitofish to ponds, and flush out bird baths, outdoor pet bowls, and fountains at least once a week.
More Information on Leaks
Signs and Symptoms:
You may have a leak if...
Check your Water Meter
to see if you have a hidden leak.
Use the Bucket Test
to see if your pool has a leak.
leak detection tips / resources
- the bucket test
- Is your pool needing constant refilling? You may have a hidden leak in your pool. Try the seven steps to determine if your pool is leak free. Do-it-yourself 24 hour test. Test your pool
- the meter test
- Do you have a high water bill? You may have a hidden plumbing leak. Try the seven steps to determine if your property is leak free. Do-it-yourself 30 minute test. Test your water meter
- pool leak calculator
- Use the calculator to determine the amount of water loss over a period of time. Calculate pool water loss
- leak facts
- A 3mm hole in a metal pipe, at 40 psi, leaks 9,500 litres of water in 24 hours. Facts about leaks
- signs and symptoms
- You may have a plumbing leak if... Leak signs & symptoms
- water conservation
- Saving water is like any other habit. The more you do it, the more natural it becomes. Become water-wise, it's fun to find more ways to conserve. Conserve water
- drink tap water
- Consumers can do their part to conserve precious supplies through small, thoughtful changes in their lifestyles and activities. Learn about tap water